CS100 finals are past and grades are given. Unfortunately, we had an eventful final. The final rooms were changed by Exam Coordination Office without telling me about it. So, me and the students went to the previously assigned rooms, while the proctors and a bunch of the students went to the correct rooms. Only after 15 minutes into the exam, I could learn about this change and redirected all students to the new rooms. We started the exam 30 minutes late, but the rest of the day was problem free.
I am not very pleased with the results of the final. Considering that all the possible multiple choice and short essay questions were published on the web beforehand, I was expecting a higher average. It appears, some students are willing to take the course for a second (or third?) time. Maybe they just like to be in my class, who knows? :)
To all who got a passing mark: BIG CONGRATULATIONS! You worked hard and deserved every point of it. I hope the things you learned in this course will help you in your life. I would love to help you in the future whenever you have a problem about computers in general. So, don't hesitate to drop by my office next term. Yes, I will have an office in the university next term. Don't forget to check my web page to hear about it.
Take care, and have a happy and relaxing holiday!
January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment