I know, I know... I am supposed to post regularly, but I just can't do it. Lots of courses to teach, lots of research to be done and besides the graduate program takes a lot of my time.
Anyway, I just wanted to announce a new event. We started a new event in Izmir. We call it Oyun Mutfagi (Game Kitchen). Every Wednesday we (will) meet somewhere around Alsancak and design a computer game. Of course the aim is not to design a full-fledged professional best seller. More like new and novel ideas that can be turned into games or game components.
The first week was a great success in my opinion. We designed a short game for two players, where the players play the role of a tank/robot which tries to capture a flag in the middle of a map and bring it back to their base. Sounds familiar, right? But indeed, there are some very nice twists we have added. The full design will be published on the blog. Oops, yes we have a blog for that as well. Go to oyunmutfagi.blogspot.com for details. Gorkem Pacaci, my assistant for computer game courses at both undergrad and grad level, is organising the event and preparing the web site. So all praise goes to him.
Well, if you are interested in attending one of the sessions, please go to the blog and wait for the next announcement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment